MC.200 african scheme Kora decals

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
Zeton
Pilota

MC.200 african scheme Kora decals

Post by Zeton » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:55 pm

Hello. May I introduce myself, I' am rooki on the Stormo! I am from Poland, 53 age. I have started to make models of italian airplanes from II WW/in my stash about 30 kits/. The drama is that the color schemes is very complicated. I am trying to find informations, schemes, color guides of producers of paints, model and decals, it is a real labyrinth and black hole for me. To the point: my babtism of fire is a simple Hobby Boss Macchi MC.200 in 72th scale /with some making parts - cooler, wheel wells, cockpit/, the camo scheme with decals of Kora Models - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kora-mo ... a--1316948. My question is that - which colors I have to use ? Nocciola Chiaro 4 - FS 30219 /CMPR and Vito/ and VOC2 /FS3405 - any modellers enamel/: Nocciola with spots of Verde Mimetico Scuro /FS 34094/ or Verde Mimetico Chiaro /~FS 34151/ or suggested scheme C2: Giallo Mimetico 3-4, Verde Mimetico 1-2-3-52192, Grigio Mimetico /1?/ on the belly ? Thanks for future help. Zeton /Paul/.

Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Re: MC.200 african scheme Kora decals

Post by Vincent Fiore » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 am

Good morning,

First, the Hobby kit is a bad choice because it has many mistakes. For a prime example, the left-wing should be slightly longer than the right. This format gives many charts for the proper colors to apply to each type of aircraft. I have found the easiest paint to use for the difficult schemes is MRP lacker paints.

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:36 am

The best place to get the paint I mentioned is in your country at www.modelbud.pl and all other kits and supplies.

vincent

Bruno P
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by Bruno P » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:14 am

Hi Zeton and welcome aboard!
About references I can suggest you two books wich, at my advise, are the best:
- Colori e schemi mimetici della Regia Aeronautica - U. Postiglioni/A. Degl'Innocenti --- Italian language
- Camouflage and markings of the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana - F. D'Amico/G. Valentini --- english language
The first book is the second edition of the book edited by CMPR gone out of production long time ago and contains color sample chips.
Anyway, you can find color equivalences with Federal Standard too, wich can be a key to find a good color, on http://www.cmpr.it/Coloraz.%20R.A/colori%20della%20R.A..htm.
Consider that Humbrol colors and their mixtures as indicated are the most faithful to original colors.
Several manufacturers have more or less recently proposed colors or sets for the Regia Aeronautica camouflage but I can't tell you how faithful they can be.
I hope I was helpful!
Ciao

Bruno

s00ntir

Post by s00ntir » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Welcome aboard :-) Please check your Stormo! mailbox - I've just sent you private message. And greetings from Lublin :-)

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Good Luck On Your 1/72nd Build...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:15 pm

...Here's sample photos of one of my Special Hobby "African" C.200 builds:

Zeton
Pilota

Post by Zeton » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Thank you colleagues for quick answers and advice. Vincent – I am aware that the HB's Macchi is full of mistakes, I have no choice, so I will try to fix them to make model true to original, I know it will be difficult or impossible, first I will change a span of left wing and add a cooler and wheels covers... I don't use MRP colors, maybe I will buy them in future. I try to make comparision between manuals of models, but occur discrepansiec, and - I think - mistakes in color proposition f.e. especially in italian camouflages. Don't be angry for me - in Italeri's manuals too. Bruno P - I have knowledge about that two books, they are absolutelly unavailable, so I use advices from books available in Poland f.e. Militaria /edition/ - they printed lovely monographs of italian airplanes - Br.20 Br.20M SM.75 G.50 etc.. I use FS table in comparison in to CMPR and Vito Charts. Without color sample chips of original colors I can not make mixtures of Humbrol f.e. - what a pitty ! So I will buy enamels Mr.Hobby and Hataka /polish producer of fine enamels/ based on CMRP and Vito tips. Thank U for help. RetiredinCalifornia - what a beloved MC.200 - one of my favorite fighters. In your execution is very very nice. I supose - Nocciola and VOC2, belly Grigio Azzuro Chiaro 1 :) s00ntir - I will write to U after Xmas - thank you for help in advance. Ciao Amici !