Re 2001 - smoke rings?

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
Mirek Riha
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Re 2001 - smoke rings?

Post by Mirek Riha » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:09 am

In SAMI and "Courage alone" I saw this profil for Re-2001

Is this fair, have you any picture?

Mirek

Rick

RE2001 smoke rings

Post by Rick » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 am

I am like Saint Thomas, if I don't touch (or see a photo in this case) I do not believe. A reference to a photo, even if it cannot be published should help a lot
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

Mirek Riha

Re: RE2001 smoke rings

Post by Mirek Riha » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:14 am

Rick wrote:I am like Saint Thomas, if I don't touch (or see a photo in this case) I do not believe. A reference to a photo, even if it cannot be published should help a lot
Riccardo

I agree Rick,

this is "bad joke" Ifound a picture of 362-4 in "metropolitan" camo (page 33 AliDitalia No3).. I thought this is possible (I known camo of CoBAF Re 2001 - very similar to smoke-rings)....

It is a piti - nice camo for competition... :(

telsono
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by telsono » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Mirek;

From my knowledge the Re.2001 came from the factory in the "Metropolitan" pattern. The smoke ring pattern was basically a Macchi company pattern. There were some Cr.42's painted in a simulated pattern later in the war by field personnel. As to a Re.2001 with a squiggle pattern simulating smoke rings, there was one in the Co-Bellergerent Air Force. this aircraft if I remember correctly was assigned to a training unit and might have been post war, but definetly after 1943 and wore roundels.

Mike T.