Lucchini´s MC.202

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
J11_Falco
Pilota

Lucchini´s MC.202

Post by J11_Falco » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Hello,

I would like to build Lucchini´s MC.202 and I need some advice about which colors to use. I did some quick research and this is what I found:

The cockpit was painted Verde Anticorrosivo on early aircraft and Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 on late aircraft. I have an old bottle of VA I could use. This is a very pale light green? The seat was natural metal.

The exterior camouflage was Verde Olivo Scuro 2 and Nocciola Chiaro 4 over Grigio Azzuro Chiaro 1. The wheel wells were painted Verde Anticorrisivo.

Are my observations correct? About references, I ´ve been looking for pictures of Lucchini´s MC.202 (with the replacement wing) but I haven´t found any. I am also interested in pictures of the wheel wells. Where can I find this information, please?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

Daniele Gatti
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Daniele Gatti » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi Martin!

I did not understand if you want to build MC.202 84-1 MM.7720 (probably used by Lucchini) with the wing replaced or the 84-12 (MM.7919) used during the first phase of the battle of El Alamein?

All images and profiles were included for purposes of discussion.

J11_Falco
Pilota

Post by J11_Falco » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:31 am

Daniele,

Thanks for the pictures! Yes, it is the first aircraft MM.7720 I am referring to. Interesting that it was delivered in 1941. I guess that means the cockpit was painted Verde Anticorrosivo? About the lower surfaces. This illustration shows Grigio Azzuro Chiaro on the rear fuselage Other illustrations do not. Which is correct?

Thanks again,

Daniele Gatti
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Daniele Gatti » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:15 am

Yes..
The cockpit is in VAC and the Brioschi's profile is correct. :wink: