Page 1 of 1

1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2024 5:37 pm
by Ranger822
just a heads up - there is a listing on ebay for the Italian Models Fiat Cr.25 - there are four left. Not my listing. See link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/356252817705

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2024 1:15 pm
by FabrizioMarini
hi i am the owner of italian kit

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2024 3:59 pm
by Ranger822
Welcome Sig. Marini -

Only 2 of 6 models remain for sale on Ebay . . .

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2024 12:32 am
by FabrizioMarini
good morning at the moment the decals and the first components such as undercarriages and engine nacelles have arrived. pa shipment is scheduled for mid december. in addition to ebay you can also find the model on site at the italian kit page. all the planes in the page are already available and ready for delivery. within the month of december then will also arrive the cant 506 in 1:48 alpha flight. from January then I will be more present and fast in shipments as it will be my main occupation and will be announced 1 or 2 new kits per month

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 3:22 pm
by Ranger822
I have received my kit. Very nice re-issue. Thanks again Fabrizio..... looking forward to your other projects. It is really nice to see the previously OOP kits revived.

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2025 4:45 pm
by Editor
Thanks for the update Anthony. I'm sure allot of people will be happy to know these kits are available again. If you'd like, do a quick review and send it in and I'll post it, include photos and a quick writeup of your impressions.

Re: 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

Posted: Sat May 17, 2025 10:28 pm
by Ranger822
Italian Kit - First Look - Reissue of 1/48 Fiat Cr.25

First caveat, since I did not purchase the original issue I can’t characterize or compare the reissue with the original kit. However, trying to source an original kit at a good price, is challenging. So, it is with great anticipation and appreciation that Fabrizio has been able to resurrect this kit. So, without any reseervations, a big thank you to Fabrizio at Italian Kits for making this model possible again.

Overall impression is the kit is smaller than I was expecting. The box is a simple flap box with art that appears to be a reproduction of the original artwork printed on photo-quality paper, cut and glued to the top of cardboard box. IMG_1621.jpg

The kit is well packed and arrived from Italy without any obvious damage. IMG_1612.jpg

Decals: two sets are given, appear crisp and cleanly printed and in register. IMG_1615a.jpg

Instructions, are rudimentary and two double sided pages. It does include some detail photos of the cockpit, engine cowling and the Breda M2 gun turret. You will have to figure a out sequence of build and there are no painting instructions of detailed parts. There is a black and white drawing of a typical camouflage scheme. You will need to rely on other references to complete this kit. Instructions1.jpg, Instructions2.jpg, Instructions3.jpg, Instructions4.jpg

There are three vacuform canopy sets that give one part for each of the necessary transparencies. The parts will all require some attention (possibly some buffing and dipping in Future clear acrylic to make them look their best. Care will be required because there are no duplicates - you get one chance to get it right or you will be on your own to remaster the canopy forms and make your own vacuform replacements. Transparencies.jpg

The overall quality of the resin castings is very good with nice clean castings relatively free of pinholes and I didn’t notice any obvious warping or distortions. The casting sprues are a bit heavy so care will be needed in separating the parts to avoid breaks. I was reluctant to open each package and take separate photos, partially because I am a bit lazy but more so because the packaging is so well done and protected and sealed, the kit is complete and I fear losing some parts in the review process. Suffice to say I turned the sealed bag, which contains several sub-component bags, to effectively organize the parts, several ways t to view the parts. Turning the bag around in multiple angles and lighting exposed no obvious flaws in the castings. I think the castings have been well done and once all the resin parts are separated from the casting sprues a nice model will model to follow. IMG_1612.jpg