WingScale 1/32 is a No-Go

Post topics relating to the Regia Aeronautica, OOB, planning, strategy, tactics, strategic bombing, personalites (e.g., Italo Balbo, Giulio Douhet)
Joseph
Comandante di Squadriglia

WingScale 1/32 is a No-Go

Post by Joseph » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:16 pm

While the subject aircraft of this topic are Allied, I'm sure others here may have either pre-ordered / were planning to get one of WingScale's 1/32 B-25s, B-17s or other aircraft in their line-up of future models. Unfortunately, WingScale won't be producing these 1/32 scale kits after all (details can be found on: Sprue Brothers Models). Needless to say I was disappointed because I pre-ordered the Strafer version of the B-25 and was hoping that WingScale would in the future do AXIS Aircraft subjects; guess not.
Just imagine an SM.79 in 1/32 scale 8)

fredleander
Pilota

Re: WingScale 1/32 is a No-Go

Post by fredleander » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 am

Joseph wrote:While the subject aircraft of this topic are Allied, I'm sure others here may have either pre-ordered / were planning to get one of WingScale's 1/32 B-25s, B-17s or other aircraft in their line-up of future models. Unfortunately, WingScale won't be producing these 1/32 scale kits after all (details can be found on: Sprue Brothers Models). Needless to say I was disappointed because I pre-ordered the Strafer version of the B-25 and was hoping that WingScale would in the future do AXIS Aircraft subjects; guess not.
Just imagine an SM.79 in 1/32 scale 8)
Do you not find it difficult to accommodate a large number of 1/32's - particularly bombers? I have a HM Dauntless and Corgi P-51 (diecast) in 1/32 and an unfinished Ju-87 kit. I also have a couple of other Dauntless versions - and a Spitfire IX but I cannot find space for it. That said, I also have a lot of HM and Franklin Mint 1/48's which I cannot find space for.

Fred
www.fredleander.com - a book on Operation Sealion

Joseph

Large Scale Aircraft

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm

To answer your question, I'd have to say that my "hanger & air space / ceiling" is now a bit crowded but I manage. The large die-cast aircraft I have mainly displayed in a big display case in my garage. The plastic models are displayed on wide utility rack-like shelves which you can get at most hardware outlets. Of course assemble is require-LOL! I also hang my very large aircraft from the ceiling via military-grade 550 cord and molly bolts. Currently, I'm about to finish-up on an old Revell-Japan 1/32 scale Kawanishi N1K1 George which will be hung from the ceiling as well.