Regia Aeronautica - unità non combattenti: Genio etc.

Post topics relating to the Regia Aeronautica, OOB, planning, strategy, tactics, strategic bombing, personalites (e.g., Italo Balbo, Giulio Douhet)
Pinin2
Pilota

Regia Aeronautica - unità non combattenti: Genio etc.

Post by Pinin2 » Tue May 31, 2022 8:59 pm

Salve

Io ricerco denominazioni su unità non combattenti della Regia Aeronautica:

Qual era la denominazione di un'unità che presa il controllo di un terreno di atterraggio?

Qual era la denominazione di un'unità che costruiva e manteneva/riparava un terreno di atterraggio?

Qual era la denominazione delle unità che facevano la sicurezza e la difesa aerea della base aerea?

Conosco la SRAM(Squadra Riparazioni Aeromobili e Motori) per riparazioni più sostanziali di aeroplani.

Ad esempio nella Regia Marina c'era la denominazione "Base Passeggera" per base semi-mobile con cannoni di difesa costiera e altri mezzi.

Grazie

dogsbody
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Re: Regia Aeronautica - unità non combattenti: Genio etc.

Post by dogsbody » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:15 pm

Is there an English translation for this?

Chris
" What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at? "

Pinin2
Pilota

Post by Pinin2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Hello, i can translate my post, was actually first written in English and Google translated to Italian.

I am seeking information in what were the name/designation of the support RA units: those that took over a captured landing ground or airport, eventually subordinate units like security and anti aircraft, communications, weather(?) . I might be able to game that as Base Force but it would be nicer to have the names.
More important is what was the naming of engineering units that will build/prepare/improve repair the landing grounds and airports.

In Regia Marina there were the so called Base Passaggera, one was deployed in Souda Bay , another in Navarino(S.Greece) these had costal defences and several equipment to work as a naval base.

Thanks for reply.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Servizio Riparazioni Aeromobili e Motori – Aircraft and Engine Repair Service are often quoted in RA documents and were likely subordinate.

PM me and I'll give the emails of some people that might help.

Pinin2
Pilota

Post by Pinin2 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:56 am

Yes, i made reference to the SRAM above. It is the only one i know. Will send PM.