Luftwaffe actions against Italian underground units 1944

Post topics relating to the Regia Aeronautica, OOB, planning, strategy, tactics, strategic bombing, personalites (e.g., Italo Balbo, Giulio Douhet)
swat36
Pilota

Luftwaffe actions against Italian underground units 1944

Post by swat36 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:24 am

Hi,
Please I would like to know if German air force occured missions (reco, straf. bombings...) against the Italian "Résistants" (Underground units. In France we would say FFI : "Forces Françaises de l'Intérieur" + FPT : Francs Tireurs et Partisans) in Italy. That's a field of history I do not know.

Thank you

Phil.

stefanuccio
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by stefanuccio » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:17 pm

hi phill
i do not now much about this particular aspect of the war but i know that you should reserch a luftwaffe unit called NSG9 a special unit composed mainly by pilots that fought on the easter front
this unit had anti-partizan role in italy that included ground attack strikes including use of italian aircrafts captured and use for this purpose.
this part of the war is only coming to be known in recent times and may be will be usfull for you to get hold of specific books and articles
welcome to the forum
ciao stefano

swat36
Pilota

merci Stefano !

Post by swat36 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 am

Thank you so much !
You are right. Many of us has special interest and fighter and bomber units and pilots is very intereted .. but we forget to study many another subjects.
I did not know NSG9 ! I will try to have some infos.

thank you very much !
have a good Summer !!
Phil.

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:16 pm

allo phil
bienvenue dans le forum mon ami
ciao stefano