Slightly Off-Topic: Net Popularity of Countries in the US

Videos Slightly Off Topic
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Slightly Off-Topic: Net Popularity of Countries in the US

Post by Editor » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 pm

SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC
This map just came across a Feed, it was published by YouGov (https://today.yougov.com/) a popular US pollster. Its an interesting map I thought I'd share with everyone. The map covers the period Q2 2021 and gives the NET (the difference between the % of Americans with positive and negative opinions of each country located on the map (EU and some ME countries). While Americans have positive views of Italy they are not as enthusiastic about the Vatican 26% (although still green).

Countries that didn't too well:
Iran - 35%
Iraq - 29%
Syria - 25%

Countries in the news such as Russia polled low -20%, while Ukraine is almost exactly the opposite at +19% (in Q2 2021). France and Germany are in the +40s while the UK is mid +50s. Other countries to score in the +60s were Finland 60%, Iceland 60%, Sweden 62%, Switzerland 64% and Ireland 65%. Americans with Italian ancestry make up about 6% of the US population while African-Americans make up 13% and Americans with German ancestry make up more than 17% of the US population.

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

26% Vatican Number...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:02 pm

...Never agreed with Vatican II, quit regularly attending in 1972; sorely miss the Latin mass :( Kalifornia is at least six different countries, depending who'd you ask in parts of the Bay Area & Los Angeles County North Korea may show up as popular, being 1/8th Azores Islander I'd vote Portugal.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 26% Vatican Number...

Post by Editor » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:14 pm

RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:02 pm
sorely miss the Latin mass :(
Every person I know who attended Latin mass has said this. The Catholic church is routinely beat up in the US media and a favorite punching bag of Hollywood, I'm surprised net positive is that high but Catholics make a up a large number of the US population.

Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Re: Slightly Off-Topic: Net Popularity of Countries in the US

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:10 am

While I was living in Virginia, before moving to Morocco, I found a little where the priest was still celebrating the mass in Latin. I have since learned it was recently investigated by the corrupt Biden.

RetiredInKalifornia

Yep...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:04 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:10 am
While I was living in Virginia, before moving to Morocco, I found a little where the priest was still celebrating the mass in Latin. I have since learned it was recently investigated by the corrupt Biden scumbag.
...FBI's been "investigating" Traditional Catholics since before the Vietnam War, on mega-steroids with Pandemic & since. I'll only attend a Latin Mass problem is finding a priest who'll perform them; Dad's folks were highly devout, still have their rosary beeds going back to 1940s, maybe should start using them.