Breda Ba.65

Post topics relating to the Italian involvement in North Africa, the invasion of Egypt, the defense of Libya and Tunisia
Aero
Pilota

Breda Ba.65

Post by Aero » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:57 pm

I am searching for detail pictures of the Breda Ba.65 single and two seater versions. I have a Special Hobby Breda Ba.65 single seat and two seat kit. I can find no copies of Ali d'Italia #7 Breda Ba 65 and have no resource material for this aircraft except "Courage Alone" by Chris Dunning and the web. If it wasn't for Stormo!'s Gallery article "Special Hobby 1/48 Breda Ba 65 A.80 Ground Attack Aircraft" by Jean Barby I would have no idea how to correctly position the gun sight and it's mount.

I am interested in cockpit, gunner position, engine and bomb bay photos or drawings. I would like to open the pilot canopy, gunner's turret (if it was supposed to open), the engine cowling and bomb bay doors to show how the bombs were loaded.

Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Breda 65 A80

Post by Rick » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:04 am

Here are some images I had available at the moment

ImageImage

Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

Chris Busbridge

Post by Chris Busbridge » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:30 am

One possible way of finding more reference material is to try and obtain a back issue of SAMI magazine. Namely: Vol 12 Issue 3 (March 2006).

http://www.sampublications.com/sampubs.htm

In this particular issue there is an exceptional build by Cesare Pigliapoco of the 1/48 RCR Ba65 resin kit. Admittedly it's the monoposto but, as shown by the dozens of good quality images in the article, a great deal of extra interior detail, including the cockpit and bomb bay, has been done on the kit. Also listed are additional references to the OOP Ali d'Italia book.