CAP Ca.310 Tipo Perú

Post topics relating to the Italian conquest of Lybia, Ethopia and the Italian involvement in Spain. Also covers Italian politics in Austria and arms sales to China, Japan and South America
Libeccio
Pilota

CAP Ca.310 Tipo Perú

Post by Libeccio » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:49 am

Hi

Here are some pages of my recent article about the history of the Ca.310 in service with the Peruvian Air Corps, from 1939 to 1944. For all interested, you can find it in Avions Magazine #154 & 155.

Any comments welcomed. Regards

Amaru

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Thank you for sharing the artilce. The profiles and photographs of the plane are very interesting. I'm curious to know what specific changes (eg., engine, armament etc) were ordered by the Perúvian airforce for its Ca.310s? In the profiles, were the planes finished in alumumiun or white ?

Libeccio
Pilota

Post by Libeccio » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Webmaster wrote:Thank you for sharing the artilce. The profiles and photographs of the plane are very interesting. I'm curious to know what specific changes (eg., engine, armament etc) were ordered by the Perúvian airforce for its Ca.310s? In the profiles, were the planes finished in alumumiun or white ?
There were not many external differences. The most noticeable was the fitting of a Caproni Lanciani turret of the early series instead of the L4 commonly associated to most Libeccios. Offensive armament consisted of two 12.7mm BS machine guns, installed in the wing roots, and feeded from ammo boxes located below the pilots seats. Finally, all Peruvian Libeccios received a unique device in the form of four vertical dispensers for 2kg anti personel grenades, or Spezonnieri, which you can appreciate in a cutaway drawing featured in the article. The planes were finished in the standard Aluminum dope

Amaru