Researching the OFM Romeo Ro.1

Post topics relating to the Italian conquest of Lybia, Ethopia and the Italian involvement in Spain. Also covers Italian politics in Austria and arms sales to China, Japan and South America
Edwin
Pilota

Researching the OFM Romeo Ro.1

Post by Edwin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 am

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum, so I'll start with a small intro. My name is Edwin and am from Zwolle in the Netherlands. For the past six years I have been researching the history of the Fokker C.5 aeroplane, both in the Netherlands and in foreign use. This has resulted in a first book about the use in the Netherlands, which will be in store in december.
Right now I have progressed with researching foreign use of the Fokker C.5 and of course, the Italian use and license building of this aircraft is of major interest to me. Unfortunately, information is rather scarce. I have found some info on the numbers which were built and about some of the operational use in the African colonies.
I'd like to ask if there are experts on interwar aircraft production in Italy and maybe, on Romeo aircraft in particular. Any help or tips is greatly appreciated!

Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by Vincent Biondi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 am

Hi Edwin,
I found this on the Romeo Ro.1.
I hope this helps you.
Vincent.
http://www.aerei-italiani.net/SchedeT/aereoro1.htm

Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Ro1 article

Post by Rick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 pm

From the Italian magazine Aerofan n°1/1979

If you are interested, I can also provide you in the next days some photos and a profile of operative aircrafts in AOI; please, let me know.
Hoping this can help
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta