Which CDL ?

Post topics relating to the Great War, the war with Austria and Germany, the war in the Adriatic, e.g., Ansaldo flights over Vienna, the development of Macchi fighters, Caproni Heavy Bombers
GAJouette
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Which CDL ?

Post by GAJouette » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 am

I just received my A-Model Nieuport 11 (Italy) in 1/32 scale today.So I've been taking a good look at the kit before starting this project. My question is the painting guide calls for CDL (Clear Doped Linen) as the main color.The problem is that there are two different shades of Italian CDL,a light and a dark. No information I have tells me which shade is correct for Ni.2123 of the 80 Sqadriglia 1917. The 80th used the "Fortunello" insignia for the squadron.The insignia is also known as the "Happy Hooligan". Any help in determining the correct shape of CDL would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 pm

We need to get a color guide for WWI aircraft! Below, Profile 3 is your plane, looks like Humbrol H74. Stefano/Riccardo, would either of you have the email of Paolo Varriale ?

Seems like all you good boys are having fun building replicas while I toil away :( Please be sure to submit an article when you're done!

GAJouette

Post by GAJouette » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:55 am

Vince,
Thank you for the assistance my friend. PM inbound.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette