Generale di Divisone Aerea

Macchi C.205V, N-1, N-2 Prototypes

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Retired In Kalifornia's Aircraft Model Builds In Progress Photos

Post by Editor » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Love it! Articles please. That line up looks awesome :clap: The N1 and N2 were essentially high altitude interceptors of the C.205V (smaller wing) with greater wing area for greater lift at higher altitude (designed to deal with US 4-engine heavies like the B-17, B-24, later B-29). The engine remained the same and therefore performance suffered a bit dropping below 400mph max speed although this was corrected in the C.206/7. Nice job Richard.

RetiredInKalifornia

Will Write Them This Weekend...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 pm
Love it! Articles please. That line up looks awesome :clap: The N1 and N2 were essentially high altitude interceptors of the C.205V (smaller win with greater wing area for greater lift at higher altitude (designed to deal with US 4-engine heavies like the B-17, B-24, later B-29). The engine remained the same and therefore performance suffered a bit dropping below 400mph max speed although this was corrected in the C.206/7. Nice job Richard.
…"family photos" of C.205V, N-1, N-2 prototype models far as I know are the only ones up on the Internet of these "Italian Stallions" together, tributes to the 1973 SUPERMODEL C.205V, 2016 & 2017 SEM Model C.205N-2 & N-1, apropos considering their kit originators have passed on, SEM Model's sadly for sure.

All of SEM Model kit offerings will be near impossible to obtain in a few years, 1/72 scale SM.84 already has, near given up trying to find one, kick myself every day not having bought it right away when released :oops: just praying any kit maker will get it back into production before end of 2022.

Next up the RS Models Reggiane Re.2007, commencing work tomorrow.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will Write Them This Weekend...

Post by Editor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:30 am

RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Editor wrote:
Love it! Articles please. That line up looks awesome :clap: The N1 and N2 were essentially high altitude interceptors of the C.205V (smaller win with greater wing area for greater lift at higher altitude (designed to deal with US 4-engine heavies like the B-17, B-24, later B-29). The engine remained the same and therefore performance suffered a bit dropping below 400mph max speed although this was corrected in the C.206/7. Nice job Richard.
…"family photos" of C.205V, N-1, N-2 prototype models far as I know are the only ones up on the Internet of these "Italian Stallions" together, tributes to the 1973 SUPERMODEL C.205V, 2016 & 2017 SEM Model C.205N-2 & N-1, apropos considering their kit originators have passed on, SEM Model's sadly for sure.

All of SEM Model kit offerings will be near impossible to obtain in a few years, 1/72 scale SM.84 already has, near given up trying to find one, kick myself every day not having bought it right away when released :oops: just praying any kit maker will get it back into production before end of 2022.

"family photos" is a good way to put :biggrin: SEM Model kits have become instantaneous collectors items. When Classic Airframes went out of business I had a surge of sales for those kits.

RetiredInKalifornia

Couple More Things...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:30 am
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Editor wrote:

"family photos" is a good way to put :biggrin: SEM Model kits have become instantaneous collectors items. When Classic Airframes went out of business I had a surge of sales for those kits.
...need to know if anybody has 1/72 scale conversion kit parts to make the Macchi C.202 prototype as originally rolled-out, got space in 15 model display case for it well as C.206 if anybody would produce & sell them by end of 2022.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:13 pm

need someone like SEM to do a C.206 (there was only one built), did you ask Italian Kits?

RetiredInKalifornia

Yes I Did...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:13 pm
need someone like SEM to do a C.206 (there was only one built), did you ask Italian Kits?
...months ago, no response to date. Rufolo (his last name) at Italian Kits am guessing by now has heard about Fabrizio's passing, do hope he'll "bid" on acquiring the SEM Model kit molds, anybody who for sure will put the 1/72 SM.84 kit back into production well as the Z.506C conversion kit, not at all holding my breath here alas.
Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetiredInKalifornia

Reggiane Re.2007 Swept-Wing Jet Fighter Build Now Underway...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm

... see Group II: SEM Model Macchi C.205N-1 & N-2, Cunarmodel Macchi C.207, RS Models Reggine Re.2007 Resins post above for build progress updates.

RetiredInKalifornia

Good News - Finally!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Aviation Megastore has 1/72 scale BroPlan MS-44 CANT Z.506C Vacuform Conversion Kits with injected plastic & etched brass detail parts for sale, promptly purchased one for U.S. $54.

This likely is the same advertised offering I'd seen in 2019 but passed on buying given mailing a kit to me was 1-1/2 times the kit cost, desperation since took over trying to obtain anybody's 1/72 Z.506C conversion kit, glad I'd got it, now can build the conversion, got the Italeri Z.506B kit to do it.

The BroPlan Z.506C conversion most likely will be "The Last Italian" I'll build in 2020 barring obtaining other modeling subjects e.g. Italian Kits FIAT G.50V which am hoping will be re-released by year's end. Patient Internet Searching indeed has worked for me over last 14 years of continuous model building, never thought I'd ever be able to build as many "Italians" as have done so since 2006 :clap: :thumbup:

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 pm

Beautiful plane, more attractive than the military version by far and some nice paint schemes.

RetiredInKalifornia

RS Models Reggiane Re.2007 Conjectured Post-WWII Swept Wing Turbojet Design Concept

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am

Nice job Richard! article as usual. You should try out Metalizer, they produce outstanding results.

RetiredInKalifornia

Thanks...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Editor wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am
Nice job Richard! article as usual. You should try out Metalizer, they produce outstanding results.
...other than the Cunarmodel Macchi C.207 don't think I'll be building any more Italian silverbirds this year; used metalizer-like products before, every casting goof, puttied seam line, uneven anything pops-out, spraying with enamels does wonders hiding them.

Now as I write my Choroszy Modelbud Breda 28 builds are at the annual IPMS-Silverwings model contest in Sacramento, decided at last minute to enter them. There were nine all-scale biplane entries, including my two Bredas, when I'd left 67 minutes ago, watching folks there for about a half-hour most eyes gravitating on a large-scale Albatros D.III or D.V build, including the Silverwings show manager's, not at all a good sign :frown: tough competing with WW.I biplanes whatever scale particularly German :evil:

IPMS-Silverwings judging is "closed door" unlike the IPMS-Fresno contest had entered my CANT Z.504 floatplane in on August 25, 2018, can't slink out with my Bredas before judging's over so must leave in 2-1/2 hours for the judging announcements, fast as I can spirit my builds outta the contest hall.

Surprisingly there weren't that many 1/72 scale single engine monoplane entries, usual USAAF & RAF subjects though strangely no Luftwaffe other than two Stukas, should had entered one of my Italians!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks...

Post by Editor » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm
...other than the Cunarmodel Macchi C.207 don't think I'll be building any more Italian silverbirds this year; used metalizer-like products before, every casting goof, puttied seam line, uneven anything pops-out, spraying with enamels does wonders hiding them.

Now as I write my Choroszy Modelbud Breda 28 builds are at the annual IPMS-Silverwings model contest in Sacramento, decided at last minute to enter them. There were nine all-scale biplane entries, including my two Bredas, when I'd left 67 minutes ago, watching folks there for about a half-hour most eyes gravitating on a large-scale Albatros D.III or D.V build, including the Silverwings show manager's, not at all a good sign :frown: tough competing with WW.I biplanes whatever scale particularly German :evil:

IPMS-Silverwings judging is "closed door" unlike the IPMS-Fresno contest had entered my CANT Z.504 floatplane in on August 25, 2018, can't slink out with my Bredas before judging's over so must leave in 2-1/2 hours for the judging announcements, fast as I can spirit my builds outta the contest hall.

Surprisingly there weren't that many 1/72 scale single engine monoplane entries, usual USAAF & RAF subjects though strangely no Luftwaffe other than two Stukas, should had entered one of my Italians!
yes you need to be careful to have an even surface when using metalizers, use Mr.Surfacer 1000, a couple of applications will even the surface of anything - see my RF-84F - Paint section.

I haven't entered a competition in years, show and competitions are always a great time to see friends and the work others are doing.

RetiredInKalifornia

IPMS-Silverwings Sacramento Contest Update...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Editor wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm

yes you need to be careful to have an even surface when using metalizers, use Mr.Surfacer 1000, a couple of applications will even the surface of anything - see my RF-84F - Paint section.

I haven't entered a competition in years, show and competitions are always a great time to see friends and the work others are doing.
As anticipated didn't win anything almost certainly because one EZ Line "wing bracing wire" broke off on EACH model :twisted: :!: :wtf: :!: :twisted:

I don't know if that happened whilst in the show room or whist transporting it there, 100% certain they WERE on when I'd put them in the display cases caused I'd checked them, forgot to do so AFTER I'd arrived at the show hall :oops: :oops: :oops:

Two of three category winners as expected were large-scale biplanes, not the Albatross as I'd expected but a 1/48th "Red Barron" Fokker Dr.I & Spanish Henschel 123 coming in 1st & 3rd Place, true looper for me was a super-detailed frankly over-weathered IMHO not that well airbrushed nor correct Mimetico color-toned Pavla FIAT CR.42 in Corpo Aero Italiano livery similar to this well-known aircraft shot down in the U.K. following the Battle of Britain coming in second:

This absolutely IS the greatest What-Damnit-If moment in my near 60-year on-off again modeling history, had the danged EZ Line threads not broke off would I'd placed even 3rd :?: :?: :?: Whole year will have to pass on deciding whether to enter any more of my models in an IPMS-Silverwings contest, IPMS-Fresno's is in August, 2018's was awful for me so likely will pass on going to it.
Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.