Swedish Caproni Ca.313 S 16 - request for info/data, please

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
ArvoLV
Pilota

Swedish Caproni Ca.313 S 16 - request for info/data, please

Post by ArvoLV » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Esteemed forum colleagues;

Background: I am working on some color artwork on a few of the Caproni Ca.313S aircraft, as they were operated by the Swedish Air Force during World War 2. Specifically, I would like to prepare a color plate of Ca.313 S-16A (c/n 3335), SwAF IAN "16" - and a color plate of a second Caproni Ca.313, (c/n 3304) - I am not sure what the Swedish IAN was for this a/c, which was shot down on 15 May 1944 (she was searching for the first shot-down a/c).

The Swedish-marked Caproni Ca.313, c/n 3335, was shot down 8 miles/13 km south-west of Ventspils (Windau), Latvia, on 14 May 1944, by two German Luftwaffe Me 109 G-8 fighters from 6./JG5. C/n 3304 was shot down in roughly the same area on 15 May 1944. The Swedish Caproni aircraft departed from the F11 base in Nyköping. Flight engineer Ingvar RINGSTRÖM was killed, the three survivors became German POW's. Feldwebel Paul SCHALK is the Luftwaffe pilot, who shot down the Swedish Caproni ( https://forum.flyghistoria.org/viewtopi ... 237dec9210 ). Sweden protested the incident, as the Swedish-marked Caproni a/c was shot down over international waters. Germany released the survivors back to Sweden a short while later.

My questions: I am trying to locate some higher-resolution diagrams/photographs of the (plexiglass-enclosed) dorsal MG turret (with a 7,7mm Breda-SAFAT MG) as well as some higher resolution (technical) diagrams/photographs of the frame assembly on the nose of the Ca.313. The 'Ali D'Italia, Nr. 24' booklet and the 'Caproni Ca.313' booklet by the right honorable Mikael FORSLUND, are good resources - but they have not yielded me the information I desire.

Can a forum-colleague/forum-member please either share the needed data w/me - or - help point me in the right direction, so I may locate the information I seek on my own.

Thank you very much in advance for any/all assistance efforts. Am most appreciative of same.

Grazie mille. ;)

Regards;

Arvo L.V.

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

U.S. Patents For Ettore Lanciani Gun Turret

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Click This For Google U.S. Patents Search Of Lanciani Gun Turret

New York Public Library Class 89 Ordinance

Click Serials 309569 & 357514 Links For PDF Graphics & Descriptions Of The Lanciani Gun Turret; 357514 Depicts Cupola Profile.

This isn't all the information about the turret, best I could do right now.

ArvoLV
Pilota

Re: Swedish Caproni Ca.313 S 16 - request for info/data, please

Post by ArvoLV » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Esteemed RetiredInKalifornia;

Thank you most kindly for your assistance/information. Am most appreciative of same.

Regards;

ALV

RetiredInKalifornia

You're Welcome...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:37 pm

ArvoLV wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:05 pm
Esteemed RetiredInKalifornia;

Thank you most kindly for your assistance/information. Am most appreciative of same.

Regards;

ALV
...YouTube has a good video copy of a LUCE Italy WWII propaganda film of a CANT Z.1007bis being attacked by British fighters. Dorsal gunner is operating a Lanciani gun turret, excellent detail of elevation bar & control wheel, camera might had showed views of gunner aiming towards the airplanes from inside the Z.1007. I don't remember the video name but check the Regia Aeronautica listings.

dogsbody
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Re: Swedish Caproni Ca.313 S 16 - request for info/data, please

Post by dogsbody » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

" What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at? "