Retired In Kalifornia's Italian Aircraft Model Builds In Progress Photos

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This Now Maybe "The Last Italian" Model Kit Build - ?

Post by Editor » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:36 pm

Weren't the C.202s you built earlier this year Italeri kits? I remember when I had the 1222 in stock it didn't last long and I never had a chance to even open a box to look at what was in it.

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

One Was..

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:18 pm

Editor wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:36 pm
Weren't the C.202s you built earlier this year Italeri kits? I remember when I had the 1222 in stock it didn't last long and I never had a chance to even open a box to look at what was in it.
...Unused parts from donor Italeri 1222 building the SEM Model Macchi C.204 with Italeri C.205V kit, did it whilst the STORMO forum was down earlier this year, previous 2020 C.202 builds were Hasegawa not counting the FROG C.202 "What-Ifs".

The 2006-vintage Italeri 1222 kit is very nice, the "SUPERMODEL" C.202 SUPERMODEL should had came out with in 1973! Italeri's C.202 & C205V kits are similar to SUPERMODEL's ala interchangeable engine oil coolers & fuselage tail landing gear parts Italeri unfortunately not including optional C.202D chin radiator, EC cannons & fuel drop tanks ala SUPERMODEL's C.202.

RetiredInKalifornia

BroPlan CANT Z.1007 Isotta-Fraschini Asso XI Inline Engines

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 pm

Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Retired In Kalifornia's Italian Aircraft Model Builds In Progress Photos

Post by Editor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Great job Richard! Article please.

RetiredInKalifornia

Composing It Tomorrow...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Editor wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:31 pm
Great job Richard! Article please.
...employing CANT Z.1007bis build article done months as foundation, replacing Z.1007bis build details text with Asso build. BroPlan vacuform mold quality light years better than Vac Wings 72's FFG 227 though it also had shortcomings, detailing them in Asso build article. Moving on with the Caproni Ca.316 build today, entire nose has to be cut off, replaced with transparent vacuform part, half the work done already, getting back to it after posting this reply.

RetiredInKalifornia

BroPlan MS-76 Caproni Ca.111 Pre-Preview

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:37 am

Unsealed the BroPlan MS-76 Caproni Ca.111 kit this AM, looks inviting, NO decals despite "box art" paper & painting instructions depicting "66-4" a 66° Squadriglia aircraft presumably during the Second Italo-Ethopian War. Will check whether have water decal sheets squadriglia sets for any Ca.111 if not will piece something together or "go generic" ala the FLY Caproni Ca.101 build.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:17 pm

No decals?

RetiredInKalifornia

No Decals :>(

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Editor wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:17 pm
No decals?
BroPlan CANT Z.506C kit didn't have them either, AUT.18 & SM.95 kits do, latter post-war civil airliner verson.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

What exactly is missing, maybe I can make them for you - I'll need to see the color guide that comes with the kit. Did you manage to make it through the fires? I thought I heard El Dorado got hit hard.

RetiredInKalifornia

Here's The Color Guide...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Editor wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm
What exactly is missing, maybe I can make them for you - I'll need to see the color guide that comes with the kit. Did you manage to make it through the fires? I thought I heard El Dorado got hit hard.

All I need are the "66-4" fuselage codes, likely all black though Internet art rendering I'd came across of "66-5" has "5" in red. Internet photos I've seen of a "66-4" paper model has all black codes, couldn't find Real McCoy period photos corroborating any of the "66-4" or "Red 5" renderings.

There are several active fires in "El Do Do" County none of them anywhere the scale of the six-figure acreage ones elsewhere in Gavin Newsom's Народный Совет Калифорнии ("Peoples Soviet Of Kalifornia") a.k.a 武汉东 ("Wuhan East"). Had trouble breathing some days last week whilst outside, twice came close driving to Rapid Care clinic south end of Cameron Park for O2 therapy, other option was Fire Station 88, is closer though Rapid Care has on-site physicians.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 pm

That's easy enough to do. I'll get to when you start building. Do you have a photo of 66-4, often red appears very dark in orthochromatic film but you can still tell the difference between it and black.

Gotta love Gavin Newsom, says he has no more tolerance for climate change deniers but asks Trump to respectfully consider his views on the matter. I can tell you our forests in Canada are far far larger than anything in California and justs as dry if not more so, yes we get forest fires but we do manage our forests and have had nothing like what's happening in that state, but Gavin Newsom will continue to be elected, over and over. As I keep saying, the old French political saying, you deserve the government you get.

RetiredInKalifornia

Can't Find That Photo On Internet...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Editor wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 pm
That's easy enough to do. I'll get to when you start building. Do you have a photo of 66-4, often red appears very dark in orthochromatic film but you can still tell the difference between it and black.

Gotta love Gavin Newsom, says he has no more tolerance for climate change deniers but asks Trump to respectfully consider his views on the matter. I can tell you our forests in Canada are far far larger than anything in California and justs as dry if not more so, yes we get forest fires but we do manage our forests and have had nothing like what's happening in that state, but Gavin Newsom will continue to be elected, over and over. As I keep saying, the old French political saying, you deserve the government you get.
...best I can do are these:

Gavin Newsom only can be elected once more per Proposition 140 passed in 1990, Jerry "Moombeam" Brown was exempted because the proposition wasn't written to be retroactive from date of passage he leaving office in 1983 being reelected twice earlier this century & millenium. Two competing Newsom recall signature petitions earlier this year bombed (funding ran out) retired Yolo County Deputy Sheriff Orrin Heatlie's petition started on July 10, 2020 has stalled because of COVID though still active, don't think it'll go anywhere either.

New recall petitions may get underay early next year as The Great Kalifornicated Shutdown grinds on ad infinitum but regardless Gavin's up for reelection in 2022 and if he does get reelected Kalifornee really-truly is gone forever serious moves then getting underway by most Northern Californa counties (5 million souls combined) to unilaterally create The State Of Jefferson or be part of Greater Idaho latter more plausable as possibly wouldn't involve a long U.S. Constitutional state admission process but still difficult. Kalifornee counties joining, including El Dorado where I live, have more population combined than whole state of Idaho...just wanna get to November 3rd, worry about The Kalifornicated Apocalypse later :(

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

That's a nice build. A 90 degree angle of 66-4 on the model would work the best but I can still work with this photo and the plans you provided. The 66-4 in the profile doesn't look right, and is different than the 66-4 on the model e.g., shape, the thickness of the 6s and 4 are different, assuming the model is correct. I'm pretty sure Stefano would be able to find the photos I need but I think I've overloaded him with another project. He's a surgeon and incredibly, still finds the time to help out here - are we ever lucky.

I would get out of California if you can, go to Texas, its my favorite state and I love Texans.

RetiredInKalifornia

Muito Obrigado...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Editor wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm
That's a nice build. A 90 degree angle of 66-4 on the model would work the best but I can still work with this photo and the plans you provided. The 66-4 in the profile doesn't look right, and is different than the 66-4 on the model e.g., shape, the thickness of the 6s and 4 are different, assuming the model is correct. I'm pretty sure Stefano would be able to find the photos I need but I think I've overloaded him with another project. He's a surgeon and incredibly, still finds the time to help out here - are we ever lucky.

I would get out of California if you can, go to Texas, its my favorite state and I love Texans.
...Appreciate y'alls effort on the decals, won't need them till next month or if takes longer will do the BroPlan AUT.18 builds, got decals for them.

Can't leave, employer-provided health insurance limits my ability to move out of state that along with wanting to be buried with folks & siblings in cemetery 10 minute walk where I live, visit folks graves every day. Won't be forced out, by anybody, generations of family lived & died here, may live another 27 years, last 30 just in Cameron Park flew by way faster than realized, just want to build all scale models got in stock by end of next year, keep mind, eyes & hands busy doing that!

RetiredInKalifornia

BroPlan Caproni Ca.316 Reconnaissance Seaplane

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm