Canadian Network cuts out Trump and Hallmark dubbed "Fascist Propaganda"

Discuss everyday politics, issues affecting people from events in Europe, Asia to North American. Discuss foreign diplomacy, breaking news, elections and today's leading politcal figures
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canadian Network cuts out Trump and Hallmark dubbed "Fascist Propaganda"

Post by Editor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Canadian Network cuts out Trump in "Home Alone 2" and Hallmark movies dubbed "Fascist Propaganda"

Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Hmmm...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:45 pm

...Till reading about that didn't know how many cameos Trump appeared in, whole bunch it seems: Wikipedia Donald Trump Filmography. Up till he'd ran for President only knew him from The Apprentice well as the Ivana divorce. CBC claims they'd rented an "edited version" in 2014 for broadcast with timed commercial breaks, not at all uncommon, 1960s & 70s U.S.A. "alphabet network" TV movies rented from (presumed) third party editors did exactly the same thing. The absolute worst anything edited to pack in the most ads as possible I can remember were Star Trek Original Series episodes aired on Sacramento KTXL-TV mid-late 1970s, full 35% of airtime were ads, extremely annoying given they were the only TV station airing them at the time.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Canadian Network cuts out Trump and Hallmark dubbed "Fascist Propaganda"

Post by Editor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:25 pm

I wish it were just a case of tv commercial breaks, but the CBC is as left wing as you get. In the US, there isn't a state run television channel, but we have one here. You usually find state run television channels in banana republics and dictatorships. My tax dollars pay for a channel that spews left-wing ideology day and night.
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

USA "Alphabets" Are Just As Bad...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:25 pm
I wish it were just a case of tv commercial breaks, but the CBC is as left wing as you get. In the US, there isn't a state run television channel, but we have one here. You usually find state run television channels in banana republics and dictatorships. My tax dollars pay for a channel that spews left-wing ideology day and night.
...NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, latter still partially supported by government grants, quit watching them for anything decades ago though was religious PBS watcher c.1973 to 2002 when Bush 43 Derangement fully took their news broadcasting over. I must tread very lightly around family & friends when it comes to politics, friend I'd known over 50 years uttered anti-conservative code words "FOX News" at the top when saw him the other day, perplexing knowing his late mom hated FDR, to much "Alphabet" maybe, lady who'd bought my folks house in 2015 had CNN on last time I was in it, problematic visiting her now. I don't sport political anything on my person or auto, nobody else does where I live so why stand out, family that lives across street from cemetery where my folks are buried are big-time Trumpistians, can't wait to see what political messages they'll be sporting next year.

dogsbody
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Re: Canadian Network cuts out Trump and Hallmark dubbed "Fascist Propaganda"

Post by dogsbody » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:25 pm
Tell me about it!

Chris
" What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at? "