Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Discuss current events and headline stories, stock market trends, investing, the War on Terrorism, Border Security, the War in Iraq and Afghanistan
Post Reply
User avatar
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:30 pm

Internationally known conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh age 69 personally and formally announced at 12:50 p.m. U.S. Pacific Standard Time February 3, 2020 he has advanced lung cancer.

Rush began his talk show on KFBK-AM radio Sacramento in 1984 going nationally in 1988, though not the first "conservative" talk show host his influence on American conservative discourse & politics as the world's leader in the genera has been profound nay essential in spawning the conservative radio talk show industry.

His long-time friend & colleague Sean Hannity by default will IMHO become the world's leader though others in the industry could and will vie to fill the enormous gap Rush will eventually leave in the industry.

Rush's worthy successor for his "time slot" IMHO is Mark Steyn who for years has been Rush's most popular guest host; Rush didn't announce who'd speak over his "Golden EIB Microphone" whilst away but IMHO it will be Mark.

Sad day indeed for conservatives, me included.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Contact:

Re: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Post by Editor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:11 pm

I heard about that, he's 69 but he plans to go back to work. Was he a smoker?
Vince Tassone

User avatar
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Yes He Was...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Editor wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:11 pm
I heard about that, he's 69 but he plans to go back to work. Was he a smoker?
...cigarettes & cigars, former he'd supposedly given up for latter, noted aficionado of them, often talked about brands he'd liked on his radio program. His family supposedly were all smokers, mine weren't except for late brother, he'd died from respatory failure brought on by strokes, total vegetable for last nine months of his difficult life being a full-blown Type I diabetic.

Rush indeed will try to continue hosting his radio program though lung cancer near always is fatal, sadly he's gotta have "Plans B & C" ready in case he collapses whilst on the air - seriously! Mark Steyn should be Rush's eventual time slot replacement, guy's witty, hilariously funny, fearless, more than up to the task in doing so. Alternatively, I'd think well as hope Rush's wife Katherine would turn his radio program over to being a permanent venue for all kinds of conservative talk show hosts so long as they maintain the "spirit" of how Rush would had ran it, could be even of more value to conservatives in this regard. Sean Hannity meantime becomes the No.1 heir apparent conservative talk show host, lotta conservatives don't like him given his penchant of talking over guests though unlike Rush has lotta invited guests on I find interesting.

I knew the time would come Rush would depart the scene, better in 2020 given Donald John Trump barring a catastrophe will be re-elected, House & Senate both hopefully in Republican Party hands as well. My mind now is in 2024, Mike Pence just isn't up to filling Trump's shoes neither are any of Trump's kids - no more political dynasties! - time then for somebody just as fearless as Trump, just as adept at using Social Media, just as witty & funny, maybe not as abrasive but fearless. Am not holding my breath in this regard, political once-in-lifetime personalities as just that, Pence sadly doesn't fill the bill, should step aside in 2020, leave field open for somebody near close to Trump as possible.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Contact:

Re: Yes He Was...

Post by Editor » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 am

Mark Steyn is very witty and entertaining (he was great on Canadian Conservative Sun TV), I like him, but I can't see him carrying a (tv) show although he does the occasional Tucker - but a Mark Steyn might be able to pull it off a radio show. Like Jesse Watters he's best in short segments - a little too goofy at times. Aside from what you mentioned, Sean Hannity is just too obvious, a little balance would work better - I watch his show mainly for his guests. Glen Beck comes from radio, he's got the right voice, poise, I would think he would fit Rush Limbaugh's time slot but like Hannity I could only take him in small doses - goes off on crazy tangents. 2024, I'd love to see a House Republican run like a Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows (retiring), Doug Collins (going to the Senate), Devin Nunes, someone who can take the withering liberal/media heat if you will. Trump, it seems, thrives from the attacks on him - he also continually sets-up the media/left - something the left still have either not recognized or are unable to cope with.
Vince Tassone

User avatar
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Rush To Be Awared Presidential Medal of Freedom...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Editor wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 am
Mark Steyn is very witty and entertaining (he was great on Canadian Conservative Sun TV), I like him, but I can't see him carrying a (tv) show although he does the occasional Tucker - but a Mark Steyn might be able to pull it off a radio show. Like Jesse Watters he's best in short segments - a little too goofy at times. Aside from what you mentioned, Sean Hannity is just too obvious, a little balance would work better - I watch his show mainly for his guests. Glen Beck comes from radio, he's got the right voice, poise, I would think he would fit Rush Limbaugh's time slot but like Hannity I could only take him in small doses - goes off on crazy tangents. 2024, I'd love to see a House Republican run like a Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows (retiring), Doug Collins (going to the Senate), Devin Nunes, someone who can take the withering liberal/media heat if you will. Trump, it seems, thrives from the attacks on him - he also continually sets-up the media/left - something the left still have either not recognized or are unable to cope with.
...mentioned that "off the record" during traditional pre-State Of The Union address press meet. CNN wasn't invited but broke the news nationally, no surprise given near all "DC swamp"journalists are leakers. Trump no doubt was going to award it to Rush before leaving office, doing so now perhaps knowing he likely won't live though Trump's second term which indeed he will have.

Can almost guarantee in writing Glen Beck won't "inherit" Rush's Noon - 3 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time slot - the most coveted weekday daytime radio slot - guy's unpalatable to Rush's listener base, Hannity likely won't want to inherit it 'cause it'll end too soon for his FOX News night gig, if Steyn doesn't want to take it over watch the three hours split up three ways or maybe two 90-minute by other conservative hosts.

User avatar
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Decorated With Presidential Medal Of Freedom During STOU

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Tonight February 4, 2020 Rush Limbaugh was bestowed the Presidential Medal Of Freedom by U.S. First Lady Melania Trump during the State Of The Union (SOTU) address by her husband President Donald John Trump, the believed first time this highest of all U.S. presidential civilian awards was given during an SOTU. Given his emotional reaction its uncertain whether Rush knew in advance he was going to be awarded it during the SOTU.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Contact:

Re: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Post by Editor » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm

We don't get Rush up here, he was emotional about the Medal. Great speech by Trump, he can lay claim to be being one of the great US Presidents - can you imagine that listening the media? Crazy Pelosi ripping up the speech. Trump should win in a landslide but it troubles me that Republicans haven't won the popular vote in the last few elections (we have the same problem up here with the Conservative vote). In the US however I think there's allot of voter fraud, it's the only democracy in the world where no identification is required when voting - its unbelievable and its been shown over and over again that voter fraud occurs primarily on the left. I hope Americans see through all the BS from. We need a healthy US and the left is quite obviously sick.
Vince Tassone

User avatar
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Trump WILL Get Majority Popular Vote THIS Time...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 am

Editor wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm
We don't get Rush up here, he was emotional about the Medal. Great speech by Trump, he can lay claim to be being one of the great US Presidents - can you imagine that listening the media? Crazy Pelosi ripping up the speech. Trump should win in a landslide but it troubles me that Republicans haven't won the popular vote in the last few elections (we have the same problem up here with the Conservative vote). In the US however I think there's allot of voter fraud, it's the only democracy in the world where no identification is required when voting - its unbelievable and its been shown over and over again that voter fraud occurs primarily on the left. I hope Americans see through all the BS from. We need a healthy US and the left is quite obviously sick.
...Al Gore got 50,999,897, "W" 50,456,002 in 2000, "W" 62,040,610, Kerry 59,028,444 in 2004, Hillary 65,853,514, Trump 62,984,828 in 2016 following the 2007-2009 "Great Recession" supposed "Obama Recovery" 2010-2016. In 2000 the Dot Com Bust happened, 2004 economic recovery was underway by then; Reagan 1980 was going to win no matter what against "malaise" Carter, destroy Mondale 1984 during roaring economy, "It's always about the economy stupid!" to paraphrase James Carville. Indeed, "James The Snake" is yet again right here at the dawn of the Roaring 2020s though this time with Trump taking full advantage of its political fruits. Given the weakest slate of Democratic Party candidates since 1988 - nay arguably the weakest since the Roaring 1920s - don't have any doubt Trump is going to do well as Hillary in 2016 did nationally. Paraphrasing Rush Limbaugh: "Only Trump can loose his base," if y'all can believe recent polling its growing.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Contact:

Re: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III Has Advanced Lung Cancer

Post by Editor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:35 am

So Trump is hitting back hard. It amazes me about the left, they cry about how awful Trump is about name calling while ignoring for decades the repugnant names they call conservatives, fascists (they don't even know what a fascist is because most of them are ignorant), nazis, throwing granny over a a hill, misogynistic, murders, the list of names they call conservatives is endless. Trump is just giving the left a dose of their own medicine and now that he's in the clear (for now) he'll lay waste to them - as he should.
Vince Tassone

Post Reply